Thank you for visiting the SEW-EURODRIVE BRASIL website and for your interest in our company and our products. SEW-EURODRIVE BRASIL LTDA. and its affiliated companies are committed to protecting your privacy in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation - GDPR and any other data protection and privacy laws as applicable.
SEW-EURODRIVE BRASIL respects the best practices in the field of security and protection of personal data, having for this purpose taken the necessary technical and organizational measures for complying with the GDPR in order to guarantee personal data processing in a lawful, fair and transparent manner, limited to authorized purposes.
This policy must be interpreted in conjunction with and in accordance with any other document, contract or privacy clause that accompanies it, as applicable. Other notifications and information may be sent to holders regarding the processing activities with their PERSONAL DATA.
• Personal Data Collection and Storage
• Data Processing Purposes and Duration
• Personal Data Sharing
• Security Measures
• Personal Data Holder’s Rights
• Policy Updates.
1 - PERSONAL DATA COLLECTION AND STORAGE
SEW-EURODRIVE BRASIL may collect the following PERSONAL DATA from the holders:
• personal information - such as full name, date of birth, gender, nationality, marital status, copy or numbers of government identification documents, such as identity card number, Social Security Number, driver's license number, foreign resident’s identity card number or passport information, where applicable.
• information related to your spouse, when applicable – such as full name and identification documents.
• contact information - such as phone number, email address, full address and communication preferences.
• information related to the organization or company which the holder belongs to or is related to and related information - such as PERSONAL DATA contained in social contracts and powers of attorney, title or position, contract information.
• contract information, if applicable.
• information on tax, banking, financial and credit classification, as applicable.
• technical information, such as your IP address, device identification, location data - based on your IP, information about cookies, whenever the customer accesses the website or other electronic properties of SEW-EURODRIVE BRASIL.
• login and password for the SEW-EURODRIVE BRASIL website.
• information about the vehicle for access control and parking at SEW-EURODRIVE BRASIL facilities, if applicable - license plate number, vehicle model, etc.
• publicly available information in third party databases, including government agencies.
• verbal or written communication between the holder and SEW-EURODRIVE BRASIL.
• images collected for SEW-EURODRIVE BRASIL security systems, such as registration photographs and/or footage taken from security cameras at SEW-EURODRIVE BRASIL facilities and/or applicable units.
Collection method: PERSONAL DATA collected and processed by SEW-EURODRIVE BRASIL are generally provided by you in registrations, forms, contracts or any other type of interaction with SEW-EURODRIVE BRASIL, such as simulation of operations or when requested by our communication channels.
Please notice that in certain situations, such as prospecting relationships with holders or in compliance with good practices and anti-corruption regulations, SEW-EURODRIVE BRASIL may also obtain your PERSONAL DATA from other sources, such as public websites or through background check providers in strict compliance with applicable data protection laws and regulations.
Online collected data: when accessing SEW-EURODRIVE BRASIL websites or other electronic properties, additional information concerning you may be obtained by SEW-EURODRIVE BRASIL such as access device, the browser you used, IP information, click data, accessed pages or any search term typed on websites or in reference to them, information about your profile without your identification, among others. If you prefer, you can manage this functionality through your device settings or the INTERNET browser. However, the configuration of these technologies may affect some features offered by the website. SEW-EURODRIVE BRASIL also includes third party cookies on its websites, including but not limited to FACEBOOK and GOOGLE - see the COOKIES MANAGEMENT AGREEMENT at the end of this policy for more information.
Sensitive data: according to the legal definition, sensitive PERSONAL DATA are those related to racial or ethnic origin, religious conviction, political opinion, affiliation to a union or organization of religious, philosophical or political nature, data related to health or sexual life, given genetic or biometric. SEW-EURODRIVE BRASIL does not collect SENSITIVE DATA from holders for the purposes described in this policy.
Information on children and adolescents: in general, SEW-EURODRIVE BRASIL does not intentionally collect PERSONAL DATA from persons under the age of 18 (eighteen). Any processing of PERSONAL DATA of children under the age of 12 (twelve) will only be carried out with the consent of a legal guardian.
2 – DATA PROCESSING PURPOSES AND DURATION
SEW-EURODRIVE BRASIL performs PERSONAL DATA processing activities in accordance with the Data Protection Laws - GDPR. Depending on the circumstances and the nature of our relationship with you, your PERSONAL DATA may be used for one or more of the following purposes:
• for prospecting new businesses.
• for registration purposes and other preliminary hiring procedures.
• to perform contractual obligations between SEW-EURODRIVE BRASIL and the holders.
• to establish contact between SEW-EURODRIVE BRASIL and the holders, including ensuring compliance with obligations.
• to allow assistance provision and its ancillary services possibly related to the contracts established with the holders.
• to combat and prevent fraud at any time when providing products and services by SEW-EURODRIVE BRASIL.
• for credit granting analysis and risk assessments of SEW-EURODRIVE BRASIL's credit portfolio for its own business purposes.
• for responding to authorities in judicial or administrative proceedings context, in compliance with legal and regulatory obligations or any other duties legally required of SEW-EURODRIVE BRASIL, or in defense of its legitimate rights and interests.
• identification and registration for accessing SEW-EURODRIVE BRASIL facilities and, as applicable, of its business partners facilities.
• for responding to holders’ requests and contacts, as well as receiving claims, investigating complaints or responding to requisitions.
• to promote events held by SEW-EURODRIVE BRASIL.
• for the preparation of advertising and media material.
• to carry out satisfaction surveys or those related to SEW-EURODRIVE BRASIL’s businesses with the holders.
• for the purposes of communication and relationship management with the holders, and so that we can contact them to provide information or send releases, including advertising, direct marketing and promotional actions.
• to enable you to browse the website and other electronic properties of SEW-EURODRIVE BRASIL, including analyzing your behavior on our website, identifying problems, customizing features and monitoring website security.
SEW-EURODRIVE BRASIL commits to keep PERSONAL DATA as necessary to carry out the purposes outlined above and to dispose of PERSONAL DATA whenever possible and as reasonably required, in compliance with the provisions of the Data Protection Laws - GDPR. If the holders have any doubts about the practices of retention and disposal of PERSONAL DATA by SEW-EURODRIVE BRASIL, they may contact the communication channel with PERSONAL DATA holders - firstname.lastname@example.org
3 - PERSONAL DATA SHARING
• if the third party in question is one of the parent companies, subsidiaries or affiliates of SEW-EURODRIVE BRASIL.
• if the third party in question is a service provider or business partner processing PERSONAL DATA on behalf of and in the interest of SEW-EURODRIVE BRASIL, as its Personal Data operator.
• if the third party in question is an official public body or entity, regulatory, police or governmental authority, legitimately requesting information in the context of regular inspections, audits, processes or legal procedures and which constitute legal obligations binding on SEW-EURODRIVE BRASIL, or when they are reasonably necessary to protect SEW-EURODRIVE BRASIL’s rights.
• when SEW-EURODRIVE BRASIL has obtained the free, unambiguous and express consent of the holder for data sharing.
4 - SECURITY MEASURES
SEW-EURODRIVE BRASIL is responsible for adopting and maintaining reasonable security, technical and administrative measures to prevent irregular or unlawful processing of the holders’ PERSONAL DATA, including unauthorized cases of access, destruction, loss, alteration or communication of data.
PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING ACTIVITIES MAY BE CARRIED OUT OUTSIDE THE NATIONAL TERRITORY. ALTHOUGH THESE COUNTRIES MAY HAVE SOME LEVELS OF DATA PROTECTION DIFFERENT FROM THE ONES IN BRAZIL, SEW-EURODRIVE BRASIL WILL ADOPT SAFEGUARDS, INCLUDING CONTRACTUAL ONES, TO MAINTAIN THE HOLDERS' RIGHTS, CONFIDENTIALITY, INTEGRITY AND SECURITY OF INFORMATION.
5 - PERSONAL DATA HOLDER’S RIGHTS
The following PERSONAL DATA holder’s rights may be exercised at any time, in accordance with the applicable legislation, upon request of the Holders:
• confirmation of the existence of the PERSONAL DATA processing.
• access to PERSONAL DATA.
• correction of incomplete, inaccurate or outdated PERSONAL DATA.
• anonymization, blocking or deletion of unnecessary and excessive data or data processed in violation of the provisions of the Data Protection Laws – GDPR.
• PERSONAL DATA portability to another service or product provider, subject to regulation by the national authority.
• request for deletion or anonymization of PERSONAL DATA processed with your own consent, except when the law authorizes the maintenance of such data for another reason.
• information about the public and private entities with which SEW-EURODRIVE BRASIL has shared your PERSONAL DATA.
• information on the possibility of not consenting to your PERSONAL DATA processing and on the consequences of such action.
• revoking the consent, when the processing has been carried out based on the holder's consent.
How to exercise your rights? SEW-EURODRIVE BRASIL will facilitate the exercise of rights by the holders, whenever possible and in accordance with the law. SEW-EURODRIVE BRASIL has a specific communication channel to manage communications with holders and to enable the exercise of rights.
When the holders contact SEW-EURODRIVE BRASIL to exercise their rights as holders, SEW-EURODRIVE BRASIL may collect information for purposes of confirming the holder’s identity, to the extent of the company’s interest and security.
6 - POLICY UPDATES
All changes must be considered as immediately applicable and effective, unless otherwise communicated by SEW-EURODRIVE BRASIL to the data holders.
Cookies are files or information that can be stored on your equipment when you visit the SEW-EURODRIVE BRASIL website. Usually, a cookie will automatically recognize your computer the next time you visit our website.
Cookies allow you to adapt the viewing preferences and functions of the website to your interests for example, or to save your password so that you do not have to re-enter it each time you visit our website.
If you do not want your device to be recognized, you can configure your INTERNET BROWSER to restrict or block the cookies - this means, however, that certain functions and features will no longer be available on the website.
You can moderate cookies, at any time, using the settings of your preferred browser. In the links below you will find more information on how to proceed with cookie management in the following browsers:
• INTERNET EXPLORER
• MOZILLA FIREFOX
• GOOGLE CHROME
ATTENTION! If you restrict or block the cookies, certain features and services on the website may not operate optimally.
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
The SEW-EURODRIVE BRASIL website may include LINKS to third party websites or to other SOFTWARE applications or PLUG-INs, which may use their own cookies and active components. SEW-EURODRIVE BRASIL is not responsible for the content or functionality of any of these external websites, nor does it influence the way these providers handle personal data.
FACEBOOK - SEW-EURODRIVE BRASIL website uses FACEBOOK social network PLUG-INs, run by FACEBOOK Inc., Palo Alto - California, USA.
YOUTUBE - SEW-EURODRIVE BRASIL may use the YOUTUBE video platform for audio and video playback on its website, which is run by YOUTUBE LLC - San Bruno, USA.